BREATHE – PRACTICE – PLAY
Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
BREATHE – PRACTICE – PLAY is a 30-HR Children’s Yoga Teacher Training program where you’ll learn how to confidently create yoga classes that kids will love and parents will praise. This course will give you a proven formula for leading authentic, impactful, and FUN children’s yoga classes that will help shape the lives of future generations for the better.Enroll in course
- a yoga teacher who’s looking for another type of yoga to add to your teaching toolbox so you can grow your business and create more income
- an educator who wants to find ways to bring yoga into your classroom while learning the scientific proof that it helps with healthy child development
- a parent or caregiver who knows you want to find a more holistic and effective way to help your kids cope with the challenges of adolescence.
YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE
BREATHE – PRACTICE – PLAY will give you the information, inspiration, and tools you need to start teaching children’s yoga with confidence so you can introduce them to the benefits of breathing, meditation, and yoga both on and off the mat.
By the end of this training, you will…
Before we go any further, we should probably get to know each other a little better…
I’m Trevor Vaughan. I’m a former Wall Street executive turned yoga teacher, who launched six-figure business teachings kids yoga. Service is the driving force behind everything I do and I’m focused on serving the lives of children AND the teachers who lead them.
I’m Julie Pasqual. I’m an ERYT-500HR teacher, yoga philosophy nerd who loves finding ways to make the ancient yogic texts accessible to students of all ages. I’m also a clown—really. I work as a clown in children’s hospitals helping to bring joy to kids who need it most and love being able to have a positive impact on the lives
”Together, we’ve created this course as a way to accomplish a simple, yet lofty, goal: to make children’s lives better and empower others to do the same.
We fully believe that the practice of yoga can transform the way kids move, breathe, think, learn, and live and we want to teach others to share this practice with children all over the world.
Hear from our students
Understanding the Developing Child
In this module you’ll dive into the key pillars of child development and gain an understanding of the science behind adolescent learning.
We’ll cover developmental milestones that affect the way children will process and react to the yoga classes you’ll teach them.
- Gain an understanding of child language + communication development and how important it is for you to adjust your communication style based on the age and developmental level of the children you’re teaching.
- Learn about cognition and the importance of helping children develop a healthy mind and memory through creating an environment to help their brains develop in a healthy way. We’ll talk about executive functioning and the ways that yoga will help teach children to manage stress and develop healthy lifelong habits.
- Break down the key benefits of establishing physical movement skills at a young age and how it can directly affects the muscles and bones as children grow. You’ll learn about how movement is directly related to confidence and positive self-worth and how yoga is a great way for students to engage in physical activity.
- Demystify Social and Emotional Learning so you can understand this key concept used to help guide anyone working with children. We’ll dissect this in easy to grasp terms that will enable you to apply developmental milestones to creating your yoga classes.
What is Children’s Yoga?
After gaining an understanding of the science behind child development in Module 1, you’ll spend Module 2 learning how children’s yoga is the perfect way to enhance and support healthy growth in kids.
- Understand the “modern child” and the ways that modern lifestyle can have an effect on children’s brains and development. Plus, you’ll learn how to use yoga to help balance the constant stimuli that children face on a daily basis in our modern world.
- Distinguish between children’s yoga and adult yoga classes. While the history and philosophy of yoga are principles that support children’s yoga classes, the approach to teaching them needs to change compared to teaching adults. You’ll learn how to make these changes and understand the key differences between the two.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the benefits of children’s yoga including how it affects physical health, mental health, and cognitive development. In this lesson you’ll also learn the studies and research behind these benefits so you have a foundation rooted in the scientific research to support the teach of children’s yoga.
Meditation, Breathing, Mindfulness
Many people think about the physical poses when thinking about yoga, but part of the magic of this practice comes from the connection to the breath—and that’s what we’ll cover in this module.
Children’s Yoga Poses
This is where we get into even more of the fun stuff and do a deep dive into the poses you’ll use in a children’s yoga class.
- Learn the alignment for over 50 different children’s yoga poses.
- Find inspiration for creative cues you can use while teaching the poses so that you ensure that the children in your class stay excited and engaged the whole way through.
- Organize the poses by categories– warm-up, standing, balances, heart openers, and seated poses– so it’s easy for you to make sure you have variety in the classes you teach.
- Move through lessons on “chair poses” as a way to help students do yoga even when they need to be in their seats.
One of the most fun parts about being able to teach yoga to kids is that you get to jump into their world and embrace a world of playfulness. In this module, we’ll teach you how to take that up a notch by incorporating yoga games into your classes.
- Uncover the secret to ensuring your students have fun in each class you teach by playing a yoga game.
- Practice playing each yoga game as a student so you have a full understanding of what it feels like to a participant as you play.
- Learn how to introduce each game with enthusiasm that will keep your students focused on the task at hand.
Teaching Methodology for Kid's Yoga
This module is the secret sauce to BREATH – PLAY – PRACTICE! Here we’re going to teach you the exact formula you’ll need to create children’s yoga classes that are successful every single time you teach.
This module will take the guesswork out of planning your class so you can spend more time thinking of creative ways to make your class more fun and less time worrying about how to put your poses together.
- Learn our philosophy for teaching children’s yoga and how it’s rooted in the history of the ancient practice of yoga itself.
- Understand the 4 key components of classroom management and what you can do to make sure your students are well-behaved and safe throughout your classes.
- Master our process for sequencing your yoga classes so that you know exactly what you need to do in order to plan classes your students will love over and over again. This template will take out all of the guesswork behind creating classes and leave you feeling confident to start teaching right away.
Business of Yoga
After spending time learning about all of the amazing things you can offer by teaching kids yoga, the most important thing you need to do is to figure out how to find students to teach to—and that’s what this module is for.
In this module we’ll be sharing our proven tips for creating a business out of teaching kids yoga classes and how you can get started earning money as a kids yoga teacher immediately.
- Walk through the basics of setting up your business—should you open an LLC, how do you get insurance? What else do you need to get started? We’ll cover all of that in this module.
- Get inspired to find places to teach children’s yoga in your community and around the world. We’ll share tips on forming relationships with schools, day cares, and community centers so you can start impacting the lives of children.
- Dive into the 5 main things you’ll need to know in order to run a successful business—pricing, contracts, invoicing, waivers, and professional etiquette. We’ll walk you through everything you need to know to get the nuts and bolts of your business up and running.
When you enroll in this 30HR Children’s Yoga Teacher Training You’ll Get:
BREATHE – PLAY – PRACTICE
2 Implementation Modules empowering you with the science behind child development and how teaching yoga benefits kids
8 Hands-on Modules to teach you breathing techniques, poses, and games that you’ll use to create your children’s yoga classes.
1 Comprehensive Module on Teaching Methodology to help you plan and organize your classes and use classroom management techniques to keep your students focused and on track.
1 Business of Yoga Module that will walk you through the steps needed to get started earning money teaching kids yoga.
A sequencing blueprint that you’ll be able to use to make sure you teach fun, safe, exciting classes each time you show up.
Scripts for cues to teach meditation and breathing exercises to children.
Creative stories you can tell throughout your class as a way to introduce the history and philosophy of yoga in a child-friendly way.
Full PDF Guide workbook as you move your way through the course
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! This certification, along with the content in this course, will give you everything you need to start teaching Children’s Yoga classes.
This training can be used for Continuing Education Credits within Yoga Alliance. Yoga Alliance has a Kids Yoga Teacher designation that requires a 95-hour training program. We’re planning to release a 95-hour program in the future, and the hours from this course would be applied to that training.
Nope! While this course is definitely great for yoga teachers as a way to expand their teaching repertoire, it’s also a great course for educators, care providers, or parents who want to learn more about child development and how yoga can have a positive impact in children’s lives.
This training is focused on teaching kids classes for elementary school students or students ages 5-11.
No. While the information on child development in this course can apply to children of all ages, the course doesn’t specifically address the needs of teenagers and is focused on students under the age of 12.
This course does not specifically address how to teach yoga to students with disabilities. If you are a Special Education teacher with knowledge about working with students with specific needs, then the material in this course may be useful for you to use with those students.
You’ll have access to all of the content inside the BPP for the lifetime of the course. That means that for as long as we continue running this program, you’ll be able to login and view the material along with any updates we add in the future.
Yes! Our team is easily accessed via email to help you throughout the training.
Enroll and get started today
We cannot wait to have you join us inside of this course.
Teaching children’s yoga has literally been the most rewarding experience of our lives.
We’ve experienced first hand what it feels like to be searching for a way to be of service and make a positive impact in the world. We know what it means to desperately want to influence the lives of society’s future generations.
And we know how it feels to see the joy on a child’s face when they feel happy and proud to be doing something that makes them feel confident, calm, and in control of their health.
If you’re a yoga teacher, an educator, a caretaker, or a parent and you’ve found your way here, then we know that we share the same goal: to make our children’s lives better.
This training was created with that as the driving force behind what we do. We teach yoga to improve the physical, mental, and spiritual health of children so they can lead happy live filled with joy and positive self-worth.
We really hope that you’ll join us in our mission of spreading this practice wide and far and shaping the lives of kids everywhere.
We can’t wait to meet you inside of BREATH – PRACTICE – PLAY.
All our best,