Today we’re talking about five tips that will help you in your handstand! I even crafted a fun mini video to walk you through every step.
First, let’s talk about hand placement…
Where do my hands go? ✋
- Spread your fingers wide and evenly
- When you press down those hands, you want to press down through your fingertips
- Press down through the knock ankles of your palm
- Press down through your forefinger and your thumb
- When you place those hands down on the ground, externally rotate at your shoulders
- Spin your inner elbows forward
- Straighten out those arms: Straighten them, straighten them, straighten them!!!
- Press the floor away
And my legs? ?
Now we’re bringing our legs into the mix…
- Really flex and spread those toes
- Create really firm legs, like, engage those legs a lot
Lastly, the hips ✨
- When you’re going upside down, try to really think about getting those hips up towards the ceiling
- Lift your hips up
Check out the video I created & try to follow along with me!
View this post on Instagram